Campus Beauty Image

Come Home to The Haven


New to LHU Checklist

Students Image
Important Dates
New Student Move-in
Housing & Dining Information

The Housing & Dining application for incoming students is now available.

Note: All students need to complete this application whether they are living on campus or commuting.

Students sitting
New Student Orientation
Summer Orientation is for students & families to begin to make the transition to LHU!  Plan for a half day event with information for both students and families. 

Summer 2022 Dates:
  • Friday, June 24, 2022 
  • Monday, June 27, 2022
  • Friday, July 8, 2022
  • Monday, July 11, 2022
  • Friday, August 5, 2022* (Online)
LHU Welcome Sign
Submit your Health Forms
All incoming students are required to submit a completed Student Medical Form to Glennon Student Health Services before move in. 
Faculty Image
Affordable Quality Education

With a total student body of just over 2,900, a low student to professor ratio, DI and DII sport teams, a thriving Greek system, and a club for every interest, Lock Haven offers the best of private school education at the pubic school price.


 New Student Frequently Asked Questions 

What type of COVID-19 protocals are in place on campus?

The CDC and the PA Dept. of Health have updated their masking guidance for indoor spaces. The current guidance references active positive cases as well as current hospitalizations and hospital capacities within each county in the country. 

The CDC now assigns a color code for each county's COVID-19 Community Level, which in turn indicates whether masks are required for indoor spaces. The color codes are Green (Low), Yellow (Medium), and Red (High).  According to the CDC, individuals in counties designated as Red should wear masks indoors, while individuals in counties with Yellow or Green levels may choose to wear a mask, but are not required to do so.

Currently, Lock Haven University's location – Clinton County, PA -- is shown in the yellow classification, indicating masks are not required for indoor spaces. 

Students involved in internships, clinicals, student teaching, or other experiential learning activities should follow the masking guidance at those locations.

These changes will go into effect on Tuesday, March 1, 2022.  The CDC COVID-19 Community Level [] will be monitored, and any changes to the CDC designation for our area will be communicated to the campus community.

As we transition to the removal of masks in campus indoor spaces, it is important to consider your personal health conditions and the health of others you are near. Masks are still strongly recommended for people who are immunocompromised or at high-risk for illnesses.

Remember that testing is an important mitigation action to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Testing is still available on campus at no cost for students, staff, and faculty. More information is available on LHU’s COVID webpage.

People may choose to wear a mask at any time; please support and respect their decision.

Lock Haven University seeks to provide thoughtful isolation/quarantine support to all students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, our COVID-19 Response Team works directly with students to connect them with the resources necessary to safely isolate/quarantine in accordance with LHU COVID-19 protocol.
If you have additional questions or concerns about the COVID-19 protocals on campus, please contact our COVID Response team at or call 570-220-2548.
When will I get my financial aid package?

Students who have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will receive both an electronic copy of their financial aid award letter as well as a physical copy mailed to their permanent address within 10 days of LHU receiving your information. 

  • To file a FAFSA online, go to
  • LHU’s school code is 003323
  • Students and parents are strongly urged to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when filing
  • Based on the 2020 federal income  tax year
  • The Pennsylvania State Grant deadline is May 1, 2022

The Office of Financial Aid is open and available to assist students:

In person: Ulmer Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 am-4 pm (Service window located at Ulmer 224)
By phone: 570-484-2424
By email: 

When is Orientation?

We require that students attend orientation...yes, it is mandatory.  It is mandatory because national research shows that participation in orientation is one of the best ways to support college success.  Every decision we make as an institution is driven by just that.  What is best for our students.

Save the Date: June 24, June 27, July 7, July 8, July 11, August 5*

How do I meet my future classmates?

ZeeMee is the place to be! Think of it as a group chat with new classmates. This is a great place to connect with other incoming students and forming connections before you even step onto campus!

How do I register for classes?

All new students will schedule Fall courses with their faculty members during New Student Orientation

Academic Advising:
All new students are assigned a faculty member as their Academic Advisor.  Departments will begin assigning advisor assignments in June; however, if you do not have an advisor assigned and have questions on your classes or major, you can contact your department chair for assistance. 

How do I sign up for housing?

You’ll create a housing profile, sign your housing contract, choose a roommate or suitemate (unless you prefer a single), and select a room through Housing & Dining Self-Service

In the meantime, explore our housing options online by watching our virtual housing tours! 

When is move-in? 

New Student Move-in will be held August 18 - 21, 2022. Please refer to your email for specific instructions on dates/times for your hall in early August. 

What type of medical information do you need?

Incoming students are required to submit a medical history form to Glennon Health Services before courses begin. 

It is strongly recommended for students to be covered by insurance while enrolled at LHU. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of their insurance coverage should it become necessary for laboratory testing or x-rays to be done. Contact insurance provider prior to enrollment at LHU especially if the student has "out of network" insurance.

Please refer to Glennon's FAQ page for a complete listing of available services. 

When I can I join clubs/organizations on campus?

From fashion, poetry, pre-med, and fitness to competitive sports, the outdoors, gender and women’s issues, government and policy,  community outreach, and spiritual and faith-based groups, (phew!) the options are endless at The Haven! In fact, LHU has over 100 clubs and organizations with members just waiting for you to get involved.

Each semester LHU hosts a club fair where you can peruse the many options available for connecting with like-minded people and enjoying your favorite pastime or, you can stop by the Student Activities Office any time of the year to find out how to get involved.

How do I submit my AP or Dual Enrollment scores?

Congratulations on starting your collegiate career early! 

AP Scores: Students will need to request to have their score report be sent to Lock Haven University through their College Board account. If the score is a 3 or higher, the Registrar's Office will apply credit to your record. 

Dual Enrollment/Early College: Students who have enrolled in college courses while still enrolled in high school will need to request a transcript be sent from the college or university in which the course was taken through. 

Do you need an updated transcript?

Yes! We will need a final official transcript from your high school or previous university. 

First-Year Students will need to request a copy of their transcript (that shows date of graduation) from their high school counselor before and have it sent to the Office of Admissions before their class schedule will be created. 

Transfer students will need to request an official copy of their transcript from each university attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions before any transfer credits are applied and a class schedule is created.

Note: In order for it to be considered an official transcript, it must come directly from the school/university in which you attended or in a sealed envelope mailed to our office. 

We accept electronic submissions as well as physical copies. 

Mailing Address: 

Lock Haven University
Office of Admissions
10 Susquehanna Ave.
Lock Haven, PA 17745

Electronic Submission: 

How do I sign up for a meal plan?

We offer 12 different meal plan options that include dining locations all across campus with a range of menus and offerings. You'll get guaranteed value, whether you eat on campus three times a week or three times a day. 

You will select your meal plan choice while completing your Housing/Dining application starting in April. 

What if I decide I want to change my major?

More than 40% of students enter college unsure if their intended major is the right choice.  Take our online assessment to find which LHU Major is right for you! 

To request a major change, contact your admissions counselor via email. 

Can I bring my car?

Absolutely! Parking passes can be purchased through the LHU Public Safety Department

Student Parking Fee Structure:

Commuter Students Living Outside Perimeter - $40
Clearfield Students - $40
Resident Students with 30 or More Credits - $40
Resident Students with 29 or Less Credits - $80
Commuter Students Living Inside the Perimeter - $80

 Contact Us!

Admissions Office

10 Susquehanna Avenue, Lock Haven, PA 17745
(570) 484-2027

Office Hours

8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday

Connect with Admissions Online

Not PrinceFaxMail PhoneSearchFacebook GitHub InstagramKickStarterLinkedInPinterestRedditRSSTumblrTwitterVineWordPressYouTube