Our Mission, Vision, and Values
University Advancement serves Lock Haven University by building and strengthening relationships with the internal and external communities we serve to encourage advocacy, investment and support of the University, its mission, goals and programs in support of student and alumni success.
Our vision is to be a strategic partner engaged in:
- Transforming Lock Haven University into a comprehensive public university recognized for providing affordable, innovative, and exceptional programs that prepare our diverse student body for academic and professional success;
- Encouraging financial investment that ensures the success of the University’s mission and goals;
- Cultivating and strengthening the University’s strategic relationships among business, community, educational, cultural, political, and philanthropic leaders;
- Raising the University’s profile through strategic communications;
- Supporting the growth of the University through effective and collaborative marketing and messaging that reinforces the University’s competitive position as a small, affordable, personal, public University;
- Planning and executing successful comprehensive and targeted fundraising efforts;
- Leading the creation of a culture of philanthropy and engagement with and among students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the University.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth, University Advancement commits to the values of:
- Excellence: We take pride in our work and strive for the highest quality.
- Innovation: We empower ourselves and others to be risk-takers, question convention, and reach beyond our current state. We are open to change and creative ideas in fulfilling our mission.
- Respect and Collaboration: We honor and celebrate the accomplishments of our colleagues and respect diversity while working together toward the common goal of advancing the academic endeavor.
- Transparency and Accountability: As stewards of the public trust, we ensure that promises to our supporters are fulfilled and hold ourselves and our partners accountable for using our resources wisely.
- Ethical Action: We adhere to high ethical standards; we build relationships based on trust, honesty, and integrity; and we respect privacy and confidentiality.
The Alumni Office works to foster a lifelong community of alumni connected to each other and to the institution through outreach, volunteer, and mentor opportunities.
The Development teams advance the university’s work by generating private financial support for the institution from individual and corporations.
Strategic Communications plays an integral role in helping to shape and strengthen the institution’s brand and reputation to internal and external audience through media relations, university publications, sports information, digital and traditional media.
The Marketing team provides promotional and message support that push the university's brand forward and communicates key themes that support the reputational and revenue goals of the University.
The LHU Foundation and University Advancement work collaboratively to manage philanthropic activities that help move Lock Haven University forward in fulfilling its education mission. Advancement Services within the Foundation is responsible for receiving and processing philanthropic gifts to LHU, reviewing and approving gift agreements, tracking and maintaining pledges, and maintaining and managing the University’s alumni and donor database.