Academic Success Program
- Assist academically at-risk new students develop the skills and behaviors necessary
for academic success.
- Establish positive behaviors in the first semester/year such as:
- creating study time
- assisting with organization
- goal setting
- time management
- engagement with the university
ASP requires that students enrolled in the program:
- Attend 1 Summer Orientation Session
- Attend the VIP Early Access to the Haven Program (the week prior to the start of Fall
- Meet weekly with an ASP mentor (group and/or individually)
- Attend a minimum of 8 study hours per week in the Student Success Center
- Attend 8 educational events per semester.
- Achieve a 3.000 to leave the program at the end of the first semester
- Achieve a 2.000 to remain enrolled at the end of the first semester
- Students earning between 2.000 and 2.999 will remain enrolled but must continue in
the ASP program for an additional semester.
Student Success Center