The application for readmission is to be used by undergraduate students who previously attended a Commonwealth University campus (Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, or Mansfield) as a degree-seeking student and wish to return after not enrolling for one or more semesters (fall or spring).
Readmission is not guaranteed. In order to be qualified for readmission, you must be in good academic, financial, and social standing.
Readmitted students are responsible for the graduation requirements and academic policies which exist at the time of reentrance. The applicant for readmission may be required to provide supplementary information as needed for proper consideration.
Students interested in readmission to a graduate program should click here.
1 / Apply
Complete and submit the application for readmission. There is no application fee required.
- Spring Semester: Jan. 12
- Summer Semester: May 6
- Fall Semester: August 19
2 / Make a Plan
- Contact the department chairperson of the major you wish to pursue to make an academic plan.
- Students looking to use federal student aid should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine if they have aid eligibility remaining.
Students who have not enrolled in any Commonwealth University courses for two (2) or more years may be eligible for Academic Renewal. Consult with your academic department chairperson to learn if you qualify.
3 / Send Transcripts
If you have attended another college or university since leaving one of the Commonwealth University campuses (Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, or Mansfield), send us an official transcript so you can receive credit for your work.
Official transcripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Office of Admissions at the campus you plan to attend.
Students under academic dismissal are ineligible for readmission for one calendar year. They should present evidence of successful achievement at another college or university as part of any application for readmission.
4 / Admission Criteria
- Previous level of achievement.
- Reason(s) for withdrawal.
- Potential for completing a degree program.
- Positive social review.
- Departmental program capacity.
Students must be aware of academic policies in place at the time of return.
5 / Additional Requirements
- If you have any holds on your record (financial or otherwise), please contact the appropriate office to have them cleared. Once the hold is removed, please notify Robin Rockey, so that we can continue to process your application.
- In certain circumstances, a personal interview may be required.
Readmitted students who were formerly dismissed for academic deficiency have two final grading periods in which to regain minimum academic progress or good academic standing. These students are not eligible for academic probation and, if dismissed a second time, may not attend the University for additional degree or non-degree credit study.