LPN to RN Advanced Placement Program
Admission to the Associate of Science in Nursing Program is competitive. There are more qualified applicants applying to the program than there are seats available. Those interested in the nursing program should meet with an advisor early to review the criteria and clarify the process. It is important to note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
In addition to completing all prerequisites, applicants are required to take two Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exams:
- NACE Foundations with a score of 70% or higher, to test out of NURS101 (1st semester)
- NACE Nursing Care During Childbearing Family with a score of 70% or higher, to test out of NURS102 (2nd semester)
Once you meet all of the requirements and are approved to enter the program, you will be awarded the 8 or 16 nursing credits from the first year of the curriculum. View the course requirements of the ASN program by clicking the button below.
appLication process: LPN to RN Advanced Placement Program:STEP 1: LHU APPLICATION:
- Submit general LHU application at https://admissions.lockhaven.edu/apply/.
- Declare your major as Associate of Applied Science - Health Care Professions track.
PLEASE NOTE: Admission to the Nursing program is competitive. There are more qualified applicants applying to the program than there are seats available. Those interested in the nursing program should meet with an advisor early to review the criteria and clarify the process. It is important to note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.STEP 2: REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS:
- Submit all transcripts from other schools you have attended (i.e. high school, LPN school, college)
- After receiving the LHU admissions acceptance letter, contact the Nursing Department at 814-768-3450 to discuss your academic plan.
All courses must be ompleted with a minimum grade of C or higher. Must maintain a 2.7 GPA. Some prerequisite courses may have expiration timeframes.
- English 100(English Composition)
- Math 101 or higher (Algebra)
- BIO106 Biology/lab
- CHEM 101 Chemistry/lab
- HLTH 115 Anatomy and Physiology I (expires in 8 years)
- HLTH 120 Anatomy and Physiology II (expires in 8 years)
- PSYCH 100-Intro to Psychology
- PSYCH 240- Lifespan Development
- NURSXXX 1 cr. LPN Bridge to Success Course (spring only)
- You must score 70% or greater.
- Can retake one time only within the calendar year.
- You must score 70% or greater.
- Can retake one time only. within the calendar year.
NLN NACE EXAM REGISTRATION: http://www.lockhaven.edu/nursingdep/documents/Nace_registration.pdf
NLN NACE EXAM DIRECTIONS: http://www.lockhaven.edu/nursingdep/documents/Nace_directions.pdfSTEP 7: COMPLETE the LHU NURSING PROGRAM APPLICATION:
- AFTER completing the courses noted above or when you are in the final spring semester of your coursework, then submit the Nursing Program application*: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/8qf0d41fPZd0IiU12aafaO
* This signals the nursing program, you are ready and would like to be considered for the LPN Advanced placement into the ASN program for Fall 2021.
ADMISSION DEADLINES & TIMELINE:
The program application deadline must be submitted between March 1st and April 1st, 2021 for consideration into the LPN Advanced Placement to start Fall 2021. You will be notified by June 1st of the LHU Nursing admissions committee decision.
- April 1st - Deadline to submit LHU nursing application
- June 1st - Admissions committee reviews complete applications
- June 15th - LHU Nursing admissions notifies applicants
Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
Accreditation: The ASN Nursing Education Program is accredited by ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.).
PA State Board Approved: Our ASN program is fully-approved by the PA State Board.