The Office of Institutional Research at Lock Haven University is responsible for:
- Producing data and analyses for the campus administration to monitor various metrics and help support data-driven decision making on campus.
- Ensuring that the university is compliant with the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education’s Annual Data Collection Plan which feeds data to the system data warehouse.
- Completing, or assisting with, required reporting to external agencies including federal and state governments, accreditors, NCAA, PDE, etc.
- Providing data and analyses for various campus constituents to help support day-to-day operations, assess effectiveness, and provided data for data-driven decisions.
- Helping to promote the university through external publications and rankings such
as US News and World Reports, the Common Data Set initiative, College Board, Wintergreen
The Office of Institutional Research is dedicated to providing accurate and reliable information to ensure data integrity and quality. The office follows IPEDS data definitions and standards when capturing and compiling data. All data for official reporting is sent to system office for rigorous edit/error checks and validations to ensure data quality and integrity before it is loaded to their data warehouse and used for official reporting.