Residence Hall Technology
Wired and Wireless Internet Access
Lock Haven University has partnered with Apogee to provide internet service and support to your residence. To make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi, follow the steps below. Please read the instructions in their entirety before attempting to connect.
IMPORTANT: MyResNet is available only in the residence halls. All other campus buildings including Bentley Dining Hall will continue offering the LHU networks. Visit Information Technology for more information about the LHU networks. Routers, switches, and Wi-Fi access points, bridges and extenders may not be connected to the MyResNet network. Use of these devices is a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. They interfere with the operation and security of the networks and degrade wireless service for everyone nearby.
Get started with your laptop, phone, or tablet
- For iOS14+ and Android 10+ devices - turn off your private address or MAC randomization feature on your device BEFORE connecting.
- From your available networks, connect to the network called “MyResNet-StartHere”
- Next, open a browser to be redirected to the portal
- Sign up for a new account using your school credentials (username & password)
- Follow the instructions in the portal to add devices and create your personal passkey
- Reconnect your devices to the preferred “MyResNet-5G” or “MyResNet-2G” using your new personal wireless passkey, be sure to check the remember my password option
- From your available networks, forget the network called “MyResNet-StartHere” as it is no longer needed and will not allow you to browse
Difference between 5G and 2G
Always Connect to Student-5G for faster, uninterrupted wireless connectivity – Only devices that cannot see the Student-5G network should connect to Student-2G. To ensure a constant connection to Student-5G, you need to eliminate the option for your device to connect to the 2G network. Improve your experience now and go to your devices wireless settings and forget Student-2G network.
Save time before you arrive
Students can create an account and add devices before arriving to campus. Watch the video below to get started.
Need Some Help?
If you need any help registering or connecting your devices, a support representative is available 24 hours a day to assist you.
- Call support at 833-548-7267
- Chat live/Email/Additional Resources at apogee.us
Each residence hall has a computer lab equipped with 2 to 3 Virtual Lab computers and a large-capacity printer operated by the University’s Department of Information Technology. Students can print directly from their personal devices to the computer lab printer via PaperCut. Please report any problems with the lab PC's and printers to your residence hall’s Font Desk, Resident Assistant, or Residence Hall Director. Problems with PaperCut should be reported to the IT Help Desk by calling 570-484-2286 (Monday-Friday, 8AM – 4PM).
- Use your LHU username/password to log onto the Papercut website.
- On the left hand side, click WebPrint.
- Click Submit a Job
- Select the desired printer.
- Click on the Print Options and Account Selection button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the number of copies you want, and click on Upload Document.
- Click browse to select the document you want to print and then click on Upload & Complete.
- You will see that your document is held in the queue. Click on “Held in a queue” to print your document.
- Contact the Computing Center at 570-484-2286 or email@example.com if you have any problems.
Beginning in the summer of 2021, we will no longer supply cable TV service to student residential rooms, suites, and apartments. This decision was a direct result of students' preferences. Of the residential students surveyed, 99% requested the University prioritize access to streaming and gaming services over cable TV access. In fact, only 71% of respondents reported having a television in their room and of those only 35% reported having their television connected to cable.
Residents wanting to watch live TV in a large group setting are welcome to use the TV lounges throughout the residence halls, which will remain connected to cable TV.
Our partnership with MyResNet provides the high-speed internet access you need to stream your favorite movies, shows, and more from the comfort of your residence hall. We encourage you to utilize MyResNet to access your streaming service of choice. Also, many cable providers allow college students to bring your family’s cable service with you to campus through a streaming service. Check with your home cable provide to see what options are available to you.
The following is a list of various streaming services currently available. Ones offering both free and paid subscriptions may be listed multiple times. This list is not exhaustive and does not represent a recommendation by Lock Haven University or Student and Residence Life. Students interested in signing up for a streaming service should visit the company's website.
|Free Live TV Streaming Services||Paid Live TV Streaming Services|
Hulu with Live TV
|Free On Demand Streaming Services||Paid On Demand Streaming Services|