ASSIGNED DAY & TIME
New students (including transfer students) will be assigned a move-in appointment (date and time) according to their fall housing assignment as follows:
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Fairview Suites (2nd and 4th floors only)
- Thursday, August 22, 2019
Fairview Suites (1st and 3rd floors only) North Hall, Smith Hall, and Woolridge Hall
An email will be sent to your LHU email address in early August with your assigned move-in appointment. It is very important for everyone to arrive as scheduled to ensure students do not have long to wait during check-in and to limit traffic congestion. To request a different move-in day and/or time, please contact the Residence Hall Director listed in your move-in email.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS & THE VEHICLE QUEUEWhen exiting Route 220, please use the Lock Haven exit, not the Mill Hall exit. The Lock Haven exit will place you in a better position to get to the vehicle queue areas. Once off the Lock Haven exit, follow signs for Water Street. This will bring you right to campus.
Once you’ve reached campus, drive directly to the vehicle queue area assigned to your residence hall. Please do not drive directly to your residence hall unless directed to do so.
- Fairview Suites, Woolridge Hall, Smith Hall - Report to Parking Lot 19 located behind the REC Center and drive towards the pop-up tent set up towards the back of the lot near the REC Center. Please do not enter the REC Center. Housing personnel will not be inside.
- North Hall - Report directly to North Hall located up the hill just past Glennon Infirmary Building.
- Campus Village - Report directly to Campus Village located on West Church Street.
TIPS FOR MOVING IN (AUGUST)
- It is a good idea to label containers with the student’s name, building and room number to which they belong.
- You don’t have to bring everything on move-in day. Bring the essentials. There will always be time later to bring up your winter clothes and items you forgot.
- Talk to your roommate before arriving to determine who brings the big items.
- A driver must stay with your vehicle at all times during the unloading process.
- Once the car is unloaded, please move it immediately to make room for the next family. Signs will be posted directing you to designated parking lots and shuttles will bring you back to the residence halls.
- Our "Mover & Shaker” volunteers will help you unload your car and carry your items to your room except for personal electronics (e.g. TV, gaming system, computer, etc.), which our volunteers are instructed to not handle.
WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT IN TERMS OF TRAFFIC AND PARKING ON MOVE-IN DAY?
Expect traffic on move-in day. After all, there will be more than 600 freshmen moving in between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on both Wednesday and Thursday. The LHU Public Safety Department will direct traffic, allowing vehicles access to the residence halls for a short time to quickly and efficiently unload student belongings onto the sidewalk/ground. Once unloaded, vehicles will be directed away from the buildings to a campus parking lot. A shuttle will bring drivers back to the residence halls.
WILL THERE BE ANYONE TO ASSIST US WITH MOVING IN?
Our Mover & Shaker program provides volunteers all day to help with new student move-in. These upperclassmen wear recognizable, brightly-colored t-shirts and are easy to spot. Items are unloaded from your vehicle to the sidewalk and are then brought to your student’s room by these volunteers.
HOW WILL THE WEATHER CONDITIONS EFFECT MOVE-IN?
Move-in will happen rain or shine. If it looks like rain, consider weather proofing items with trash bags and/or using plastic containers since it is a certainty that items will be exposed to the elements for a short period of time before they are moved to your student’s room. Make sure to wear appropriate clothing and drink lots of fluids.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE GET TO THE RESIDENCE HALL?
The actual check-in process is a little more involved than just receiving a room key. Resident Assistants (RAs) will help with this process by verifying your student’s paperwork, explaining the room condition report (an inventory of your student’s room), issuing keys, and answering any questions you or your student may have at the time of check-in. Due to the number of students arriving, the lines can be long, so having patience is important.
ARE THERE ANY VEHICLE REGULATIONS THAT WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT?
Yes! Only one vehicle per student is allowed in our staging areas at a time. So, if you are bringing multiple cars, park one in a lot and drive the other one to the appropriate staging area or hall. Once you have finished unloading one vehicle, you can go and do it all again. Also, no trailers, oversized vehicles, or moving vans are allowed in the staging areas. Finally, drivers must always stay with the vehicle when you are unloading it. Once your vehicle is unloaded, please immediately move it to a parking lot. A shuttle bus will be running all day to bring you from the parking areas back up to the Residence Halls.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN THE LOCAL LOCK HAVEN COMMUNITY?
Forget something? Need something? Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, CVS, and several grocery stores are all nearby. If you have any questions, please ask a staff member.