MyHousing Self-Service is your online portal for managing your housing and dining at Lock Haven University.
With MyHousing Self-Service, you'll have access to sign your online housing agreement, record your housing preferences, request roommates, select a dining plan, and choose your housing assignment for the next academic year during the housing selection process.
All registered students of Lock Haven University are able to use MyHousing Self-Service but only students who will be living on campus are required to complete the housing agreement. Remember, by signing your agreement, you are entering a binding contract for the full term of the agreement.
All new full-time undergraduate students are required by Commonwealth University to live in University housing for their first four semesters (not including summer and winter sessions). The residency requirement also applies to readmitted students and transfer students who have not completed two years of on-campus residency at another university post-high school. The following exceptions to the residency requirement apply with verification:
- Fall 2024 admitted students who reside with their parent or legal guardian within 30 miles of campus (50 miles of campus for students admitted prior to Fall 2024)
- Married students
- Students who are 21 years of age or older by before the first day of classes for the fall semester
- Students who are the parent or legal guardian of dependent child
- Transfer students who have attended another university and lived on-campus for 4 semesters and have earned 60 or more credits
- Students who have received a general discharge under honorable conditions from U.S. Military service
- Students whose recommended accommodation from University Disability Services supports living off campus
Students who meet one of these exceptions must submit a Residency Requirement Exemption Request form. You will not be exempt unless you receive an approval notice from the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The request form, which is completed on-line, is available in MyHousing Self Service under Applications.
Why a 2-year requirement? With the success of our students at the forefront of this decision, the plan is rooted in data relating to student success, access to support services, and offers a transition and more healthy pathway toward life after college.
In fact, Lock Haven University graduation rates show that students who lived on campus graduated at a 13% higher rate than students who did not live on campus.