Student Health Services FAQ's

Who can get services at Glennon Health Services?

Any currently registered LHU student, with a valid student ID, can come to our office, during posted hours, and receive evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries. The following information is to be submitted PRIOR to beginning studies at LHU, to ensure accurate and timely care when you need it.

Why does Glennon Health Services need my insurance information?

While our services are provided at no additional charge there are some lab tests that are not included. Should you need those services, it is much easier to obtain the information BEFORE you are ill or injured, so it is quickly available.

Can I get a Physical Exam at Glennon Health Services?

YES! We can provide current LHU students with a FREE physical exam for Pre-Employment, PA Driver's License, Study Abroad, and Athletic Participation.

Can I get a prescription/refill at Glennon Health Services?

No, but we can assist you with locating one of the many area pharmacies. Be sure to take your insurance/prescription cards with you.

Can I have blood work/diagnostic testing done at Glennon Health Services?

No, there is not a lab in our office, but we can order testing if needed. If your physician has given you a lab order, we can assist you with getting to the lab. Laboratory services are done by local hospital labs. Taxi service to the lab is available for FREE, but arrangements must be made through the Glennon Health Services office.  

How can I get to the hospital for lab work, testing, etc.?

We offer FREE taxi service for current LHU students (with ID) to the hospital and return. You must contact our office.

Can I get STD/HIV testing?

Our office hosts FREE, needleless, confidential screening/testing. Call for an appointment. 

Can I get my allergy injections at Glennon Health Services?

No.  Allergy injections are offered by appointment with:

  • Dr. Dennis Probst 570.769.1300

Do you accept insurances?

LHU provides limited health care at Glennon Health Services for a set fee, which is charged with your tuition each semester. You may come for care as much as you need, for NO EXTRA CHARGE. On occasion it is necessary to obtain blood work, x-rays, or cultures. These services are provided through local hospital labs. The labs will bill your insurance for any services it provides. It is your responsibility to know your service coverage and area coverage. LHU and Glennon Health Services are not liable for fees not covered by your insurance.

Can you give immunizations/vaccinations?

We offer Tuberculosis testing and flu shots (beginning in October). If you need other vaccinations, contact our office for assistance.

Is there a nurse to see me when I am sick or injured?

Yes. Walk in care is provided during posted office hours, although you may need to wait a short time. A nurse will evaluate you. If it is determined that you require further care, a Physician's Assistant and/or Medical Doctor are also available on site. There is no additional charge for these services.

Can I get a copy of my records?

Yes. You must sign a Record Release. Your records remain on file for 7 years after your graduation or date of withdrawal.

Can I get a tuberculosis (TB) test?

Yes. All current LHU students are eligible for one FREE tuberculosis (TB) test every year. No appointment necessary. ID required.

Can you talk to my parents with information regarding my illness/injury?

No. Not without your written permission. A 'Record of Release' form must be signed by the student in order to release information to anyone.

What should I do when I am sick or injured?

In order for Glennon Health Services to provide the best care, you need to come to our office in the Glennon Building during posted office hours. If it is not during office hours, and you cannot wait, you can go to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment. We can provide any follow up care later.

What illnesses/injuries can you help me with?

Most minor illnesses and injuries can be easily treated at our office. Not sure if it is 'minor'? Just come in and get evaluated by our staff. We can refer you to a local Urgent Care or ER if necessary.

Do you have medicine/bandages/ice packs?

YES! We stock most medications needed to treat your illnesses. If we don't have it, we can give you a prescription to get it at a nearby pharmacy. Supplies to care for you injuries are available as well. An ice machine is available 24/7/365. Just swipe your card to enter building. The ice machine is next to the Law Enforcement office. Use the scoop and the bags provided to get what you need.

Do you have condoms?

YES! FREE male condoms, are available in our waiting room during business hours.  Dental dams available by request.

Can you give me my Depo injection?

Yes. Contact our nurses in advance of your expected date of needing your shot, to ensure you have what we need from you. Bring your medication, and your current paperwork from your last injection given. We are unable give FIRST TIME Depo injections. Contact our office for assistance.

Have a question not listed? Just call and ask our staff...we are here to HELP YOU!!  570.484.2276

Contact Us

Glennon Student Health Services

Glennon Building
(570) 484-2276

Office Hours

8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday
CLOSED on Sunday

Summer Hours
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday

Not PrinceFaxMail PhoneSearchFacebook GitHub InstagramKickStarterLinkedInPinterestRedditRSSTumblrTwitterVineWordPressYouTube