What You'll Study
Are you currently certified, licensed, or registered in a healthcare profession? If so, this track will build on your current knowledge and skills as you continue your education and earn a bachelor's degree. You will benefit from attaining core knowledge at an advanced level that applies to all healthcare practitioners while establishing a more marketable, multi-skilled background.
Topics covered include:
- Consumer Health
- Program Planning
- Current Issues in Health
Mission Statement and Purpose: The purpose of this organization shall be to provide health information to the campus of Lock Haven University. This organization shall also promote health events on campus.
Member Benefits: Active members can benefit from the following:
- Meet upper/underclassmen and bond over similar interests
- Provides community service opportunities, as well as campus and community health related information
- Members rewarded for active member status at the completion of the semester
- Resume builder
- Fun way to mingle with peers
Average Number of Members: There are a little over a hundred members, but our average meeting attendance is closer to 20-30 members.
Active Membership Requirements: In order to maintain an active member, students must attend two meetings and five events each semester.
Meeting Schedule: Typically, meetings are biweekly. A schedule will be provided once one is formed.
Annual Events: In a normal semester, we offer 15-20 events. There is a wide variety, some examples include a club trip, fundraising/donating, presentations/guest speakers, and heath events.
Social Media: We don’t have any club specific social media accounts, but it’s possible to connect with us through our department’s Instagram and Twitter handles: @lhuhlthscience
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Jeanine Page and Dr. Jennifer Rudella can be contacted for further information.
- Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
- Field Experience: As a Health Science major you will be required to complete a professional field experience that serves as a culminating experience linking academic preparedness to an experience that matches your career goals and aspirations.
- Facilities: Lock Haven University provides exceptional, state-of-the-art facilities for the Health Science program. There are athletic training facilities, an exercise physiology lab, rehabilitation center, and gross human anatomy (cadaver dissection) lab.