What You'll Study
Are you currently certified, licensed, or registered in a healthcare profession? If so, this track will build on your current knowledge and skills as you continue your education and earn a bachelor's degree. You will benefit from attaining core knowledge at an advanced level that applies to all healthcare practitioners while establishing a more marketable, multi-skilled background.
Topics covered include:
- Consumer Health
- Program Planning
- Current Issues in Health
- Scholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Find more information here.
- Field Experience: As a Health Science major you will be required to complete a professional field experience that serves as a culminating experience linking academic preparedness to an experience that matches your career goals and aspirations.
- Facilities: Lock Haven University provides exceptional, state-of-the-art facilities for the Health Science program. There are athletic training facilities, an exercise physiology lab, rehabilitation center, and gross human anatomy (cadaver dissection) lab.
- Health Science Club: The Health Science Club is dedicated to engaging the entire LHU and surrounding community in health awareness and health improvement activities. We have over 200 members and are open to all LHU students, but primarily consist of Health Science majors. The club participates in various activities around campus and the community including:
- The Hunger Bowl for Hunger Awareness Month
- Pink Ribbon Sales for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Community Clinics and Health Fairs
- LHU Adopt a Family Christmas Project
- Relay for Life
- LHU Health Fair
- Field trips to the Bodies Exhibition in New York