May 2021 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony Details
Saturday, May 8, 2021
Students with a major in the College of Natural, Behavioral, & Health Science
- 10:00 AM
- Charlotte Smith Field - See campus map
- Download this chart to determine which ceremony you will attend
Students with a major in the College of Liberal Arts & Education and the College of Business, Information Systems, & Human Services (see list below)
For the 10:00 AM ceremony – please arrive between 9:15 - 9:30 AM
For the 2:00 PM ceremony – please arrive between 1:15 - 1:30 PM
Graduates and guest are to arrive in the same vehicle and enter the ceremony location together.
Guests are limited to two (2) individuals per graduate.
The graduate and their guest(s) are to arrive in the same vehicle.
After parking, the graduate and guest(s) will walk to the ceremony location together.
- University staff will be at the field entrance to monitor the number of guests per graduate.
- The graduate and guest(s) will be seated together on the field. (See Seating below)
- There will be “pods” of three seats on the field for the graduate and their guest(s), with appropriate social distancing between the “pods.”
Available anywhere on campus, except where restricted 24 hours/day, 7 days/week and no parking locations
- Handicapped parking is available in lot 3A/3B, see campus map for the ceremony at Charlotte Smith Field.
If handicapped parking is needed, please contact Tina Probst (570-484-2008 or email@example.com) by April 30 so that we can ensure a sufficient number of spaces.
Transportation will not be provided to the ceremony location. The graduate and guest(s) will walk to the field.
Up to two (2) guests per graduate are permitted.
No Tickets are required.
Any graduate who arrives with more than two guests will have to decide who will enter the field for the ceremony and who will need to return to their vehicle.
Graduates must visit the Check-In Table where University staff will give you your name card (white index card) that will be required when you proceed to the stage for the roll call.
If you qualify for Latin Honors (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude), a gold cord will be given to you at the Check-In Table.
If you have served in the US Armed Forces, a red/white/blue cord will be given to you. Please inform the staff person at the Check-In Table if you qualify for this cord.
Mask and social distancing mandates will be in effect while graduates and their guests are on campus. Masks are required for entrance to the ceremony.
Graduates will wear the mask when proceeding to the stage for the roll call, but may remove the mask for photos. Practice social distancing at all times.
The ceremony will be broadcasted/live-streamed so that individuals unable to attend in person may watch the ceremony.
Information will be posted on the University’s homepage on the day of the ceremony.
- Graduate and up to two (2) guests arrive together.
- Graduate and guest(s) will be seated together on the field.
- There will be no graduate processional.
- A platform party will be in front of the graduates.
- The platform party consists of the Interim University President, University Provost, College Deans, Faculty Union President, Council of Trustee Chair, the ROTC Commanding Officer and Student Speaker.
- The University ROTC Color Guard will present the flags.
- The National Anthem will be played.
- After greetings from the platform party are given, graduates will be signaled to move
to the front for the roll call.
- Your tassel should be on the right side of your mortar board.
- Wear your mask.
- Take your name card (white index card) with you. The name reader needs this to announce your name.
- Maintain the appropriate distance as you move forward and stand in line waiting for your turn for your name to be announced.
- Remove your mask for the photos
- Replace your mask
- Return to your seat and be seated
- Additional remarks from the platform
- ROTC Officer commissioning
- There will be no organized recessional; graduates and their guest(s) will be dismissed at the close of the ceremony.
- Attendees are asked to exit the facility and not gather.
The University Store hours for the weekend of graduation will be as follows:
Friday, May 7, 2021: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday, May 8, 2021: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm