Lock Haven University's Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program prepares the graduate
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, the humanities, natural
and social sciences in the practice of professional nursing.
- Demonstrate skills in critical thinking and decision making in the use of the nursing
process with individuals, families, groups, and communities experiencing complex health
- Intervene therapeutically to promote, restore, and maintain the maximum health potential
of individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Manage nursing care for groups of clients within health care agencies, in the home
or in the community.
- Demonstrate evolving competence in multicultural interactions.
- Provide health education for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Communicate effectively in interactions with individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Evaluate research findings, applying evidence-based knowledge to their practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own decisions and actions in the practice
- Incorporate a commitment to lifelong learning and professional values, including ethical
and legal aspects, into the practice of nursing.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to use information management and patient care technologies
to deliver safe and effective care.
Follow us Online!
Giving Back to Lock Haven University
“For us, giving to LHU is a priority. My Lock Haven education afforded me a lot of
opportunities and now it’s an honor to be able to help others.” – Ron Bowes ’66