Interested in volunteering to help students at any of the three campuses at Commonwealth
At Commonwealth University our hard-working and determined students are at the heart of everything we do. Together we leverage the power of Lock Haven, Bloomsburg, and Mansfield to provide affordable, high-quality education emphasizing high-impact practices, personal and career connections, and inclusivity supporting all learners to succeed in our region and beyond.
To achieve this mission, we want to equip every student with practical, meaningful experiences, and alumni and employer connections so students will be prepared to impact their community and workplace. Our integrated commitment to student success is called Professional U and we need YOU! Professional U creates a career community of faculty, staff, alumni and employers to make our mission come to life!
We are excited to announce new alumni volunteer opportunities which will bring you closer to students and faculty as we work toward our mission.
How to Volunteer
Interested alumni are encouraged to volunteer to help students at any of the campuses of Commonwealth University. Your expertise and professional experience is just what we need to support and engage students as they navigate career choices while taking classes. We invite you to choose the volunteer commitment that is right for you. Your dedicated volunteers will be greatly appreciated by our students and wil help both students and fellow alumni achieve their professional goals. There is something in it for you too. You'll have the satisfaction of giving back while getting to know students, faculty and other alumni volunteers!
- ProfessionalU Presenter/Panelist: Share your career experiences and knowledge as a panelist or presenter in a classroom, with a student organization, or at a student leadership conference.
- Career Assistant: Help students by conducting an informational interview, mock interview, or resume review
- Experience Host: Through your employer, help students find opportunities to engage in a career road trip, job shadowing, or an internship.
- Campus Recruiter: Post jobs/Internships on Handshake, conduct interviews, and recruit students at our Career Expos.
- Admissions Volunteer: New student recruitment events both on and off-campus
- Regional Network Volunteer: Help make alumni events in your area successful.
- Reunion Committee: Join a committee for your class year or affinity group.
- Alumni Association Board: Apply to become a member of the Lock Haven University Alumni Association Board Of Directors.
Email Ihualum@lockhaven.edu or call Ashley Conrad, Director of Alumni & Employer Engagement at 570-484-2586
Your volunteer experience is customizable to meet the demands of your schedule.
Interested in volunteering to help students at any of the three campuses of Commonwealth University?
LHU Alumni Connections and Resources
- Lock Haven University Alumni Association
- Interview Tips
- Writing Your Cover Letter
- Building Your Resume
Handshake is a tool that allows current students & alumni access to job opportunities.
Create an account today to:
- Search for job opportunities
- Post internship & job opportunities for current students
- Register your company for the spring career fair
- Review resumes for prospective employees
Professional Resource Center: Empowering LHU alumni by providing transitional career advising support.
- Preparing for an interview?
- Starting a new career?
- Beginning a new job search?
We can help!
Contact the Center for Career & Professional Development at 570-484-2181 or via email at email@example.com.