LHU or as we like to call it "The Haven" offers a safe and nurturing environment for international students who want to obtain a rigorous American style, comprehensive education.
- Lock Haven University offers over 60 undergraduate programs to choose from.
- LHU boasts a long and proud history of international involvements since 1974.
- The University represents “home” for many international students studying for either a semester or a 4-year degree.
- At any one time there are more than 100 international students from almost 40 countries on our campus.
Be sure to check out the Center for Global Engagement to see what our current international and exchange students are doing.
All accepted international students are eligible for tuition waiver scholarships that range from $4,500 to $10,000 USD per year. To apply, you must complete the requirements below and be accepted.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Freshman - June 1||Freshman - November 1|
|Transfer - June 15||Transfer - November 15|
Please read this information carefully and submit all necessary materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail directly to:
Lock Haven University
Office of Admissions
401 North Fairview Street
Lock Haven, PA 17745 USA
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Carefully complete the online application. This information is used to create a permanent record for each student. A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 (twenty five dollars U.S.) must be paid with a credit card at the time the online application is submitted.
- No action will be taken on your application until this fee is received by the Office of Admissions.
- Students should apply and submit all required documents at least three months prior to the intended enrollment date.
- Send a copy of the information page of your valid passport.
STEP 2: SUBMIT OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS
Submit official, English-translated copies of all secondary course work completed,
including subjects listed and marks earned, secondary school certificates, diplomas
and examinations results from all secondary, post-secondary, and university and/or
Unofficial documents can be submitted during the application process. If submitted after submitting your application, please send a copy to email@example.com.
STEP 3: SUBMIT ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAMS
All non-native speakers of English must submit an official language score report.
To be considered "official," the scores must be sent directly from the sending institution
(TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
International students currently enrolled in a U.S. institution may not need to submit a language exam if they have successfully completed more than one semester of for-credit academic study.
Applicants from the following countries do not need to submit a English proficiency exam score: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), and U.S. Pacific Trust.
|EXAM||MINIMUM SCORE REQUIREMENT|
DI Code: 2654
|Pearson: PTE Academic||46|
|Cambridge English (CPE)||First B2, Advanced C1, Proficiency C3 - Cambridge English score of 160 or higher|
|SAT||Combined total score of 980, with at least 500 on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing section|
|ACT||Composite of 20 with individual English and reading scores at or above 20|
CHECKLIST OF NECESSARY APPLICATION ITEMS:
- Application for admission
- Application fee ($25)
- Copy of passport
- Official academic transcript(s)
- English proficiency exam report (check requirements above)