The Crucible is Lock Haven University's literary/arts journal. A variety of original student work can be found in the annual publication, and every student is encouraged to contribute. We are currently seeking submissions of the following for the current edition:
- Personal essays
- Fiction Paintings
- Creative Nonfiction
- Graphic Design
- Literary Analysis
- And anything else you can think of!
New for Spring 2021:
The Crucible will publish an all-online version for Spring 2021. The editors request your best original work in both the traditional and exciting new modalities for possible inclusion. In addition to our usual request for print-ready materials, we're also looking for ways to include the arts involving sound and motion.
Here are some ways you can do that:
Spoken Word Poets: send a video of your best performance of your work.
Writers: send manuscripts, but if willing to read to our viewers - send an audio file or video.
Musicians: send a performance video of your composition.
Dancers: send an original performance video accompanied by original, public domain, or free-to-use-with-acknowledgment music.
Artists: animation or stop-sequence works; original art videos
*If you're multi-talented or want to work with a friend(s) to create a fusion of visual. literary, or any of the performing arts, we'd be happy to take a look.
Deadlines: October 30 for manuscripts; February 1, 2021 for multimedia submissions; TBA for art.
We're also looking for hardworking, dedicated students to help with this innovative edition! If you're interested in editing or designing or helping out in any way, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for submissions are as follows:
- All submissions must be e-mailed to email@example.com
- All writings must be in a Word document
- You are more than welcome to submit more than one piece, but multiple submissions must be in separate Word documents
- Please do not submit any more than three works
- All writings must have a title
- All writings must be in size 12 font
- Your name & e-mail address must be included in the e-mail, but do not have your name in the actual Word document (for our blind voting purposes)
- Please send all writings in an .rtf or .wpd file and art in a .jpg or .gif file