Covid Testing Information Upon Arrival
LHU is providing free Antigen Rapid Tests once you arrive on campus. If you test positive you will be asked to return home if possible or isolate in a designated LHU isolation dorm room for at least 10 days. If we have over a 5% positivity rate (5 out of 100 students), we may need to continue our fully remote format for 10 additional days. It is critical you begin self-quarantine immediately to ensure a safe start to face-to-face classes.
Testing will be provided upon arrival to campus on February 4, 5, 6, 7 from 8:30 AM
to 2 PM in the Rec. Center.
Additional reminder on Vaccinations: PLEASE do your part in keeping yourself & others safe. In addition to masks, distancing,
and hand washing, the COVID vaccine is the best SHOT we have to STOP COVID!
Phase 1A vaccination roll out is underway. If you have an underlying medical condition you are eligible NOW to receive your vaccination. Please visit PA DOH's "Find a vaccination provider" to schedule your appointment. If you know of a family member, friend, acquaintance, or stranger that is over 65 or has underlying conditions PLEASE assist them in scheduling a vaccination.
Download the COVID Alert PA app today!
You can opt-in to receive alerts if you have had a potential exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Getting timely alerts can help you get advice on how to help yourself and protect others as well as determine when to get testing. It can help reduce your risk of unknowingly spreading the virus to your friends, family, and larger community.
To download the App – search for “COVID PA” or “COVID Alert PA” in Apple App store
or Google Play Store.
- The app is voluntary and folks can opt-in to use the features of the app.
- Absolutely no location, GPS or geolocation information is collected.
- No personal or identifying information is collected.
- PA’s app will be interoperable with 5 other states (ND, WY, DE, NC, and CA) and many more to come such as NY and NJ in the next 2 weeks. This means that when a person from Pennsylvania goes to Delaware, he/she/they would not need to download DE's mobile app. If the PA individual got exposed to someone in Delaware who has DE's app and later the DE person gets tested positive for COVID-19, then the Pennsylvania person who maybe in close proximity to this DE person, would get a close contact exposure alert.
- Exposure Notification apps are in ~24 jurisdictions, mostly in European nations and are slowly growing across the world as we all brace ourselves with uptake in COVID-19 cases.
- Studies have shown that even a smaller population that downloads these app, it has the potential to lower COVID-19 related cases and deaths. Oxford University along with Google Research and Stanford University published this study that app adoption of 15% population, reduces total infections by 3.9-11.8% and total deaths are reduced by 2.2-15.0%.
COVID-19 testing is now available at MedExpress in State College and Williamsport on a limited basis. Please refer to the link below and contact MedExpress in your location to confirm they are testing.
Close Contact Information
Centers for Disease Control has updated "close contact" definition.
Campus Operations & Policy Updates:
- The Student REC Center is closed until January 4, 2021.
- Hours for all campus buildings are available here.
- Universal Masking is now required on campus. A facial covering is required at all
times on campus. A mask is not required in the following instances:
- If you are in a personal office alone
- In your residence hall room alone or with a roommate(s)
- Seated for a meal
- For more information about campus operations or the universal masking policy, students should contact: Dr. Dwayne Allison, Dean of Student & Residence Life at (570) 484-2319 firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees should contact their supervisor.
We encourage our entire Haven Family to get their flu shot. It is our responsibility to reduce the strain on our healthcare system as we move toward flu season. Let’s do our part to #ProtectTheNest and our community.
- Our Local CVS now offers Flu Shots. You do not need an appointment and most insurances
will cover the cost. The best time to come is 2-6pm. If you get a flu shot you will
receive a CVS coupon for $5 off $20 worth of merchandise.
- CVS ADDRESS
311 Bellefonte Avenue
Lock Haven, PA 17745
- CVS ADDRESS