What You'll Study
In addition to three core classes, the Sport Administration track includes 15-18 credits of required coursework that includes a three credit capstone project or six credit field experience and three to six credits of electives. This program will prepare you to pursue a career in the sport industry including:
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Sales and Sponsorship
- Event Management
- Facility Management
- Athletic Administration
- Public Relations
Specific positions include:
- General Manager
- Marketing Director
- Athletic Director
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Facility Manager
- Media Relations
As one of only a handful of online degrees in sport and exercise psychology in the country, this track will ready you for a variety of professional roles. In addition to three core classes, the Sport and Exercise Psychology track includes an additional 15 credits of required coursework including a three credit capstone project and 6 elective credits. Career options associated with this track include:
- AASP Certified Consultant educating coaches, athletes, officials, and parents about sport and exercise psychology and performance enhancement techniques
- University Athletic Department Liaison
- Army Center for Performance Enhancement
- Fitness Consultant or Lifestyle Coach
- Counseling Psychology
The application of sport and exercise psychology principles in settings other than sport and exercise has also been growing steadily. Graduates, therefore, may also work in non-sport settings.
- 100% Online Delivery: LHU’s distance instructional methods are designed to maintain a personal, one-to-one mentoring and supervisory relationship with degree candidates while making it possible to create active and engaged learning communities. No campus visits or on-campus residencies are required. Much of the coursework is completed via virtual classrooms utilizing the latest technology in online instruction.
- Flexible Start Dates & a Diverse Student Population: You can begin coursework in the fall, summer, or spring semester. Because the coursework can be completed 100% online, our students hail from across the country.