What You'll Study
Physician Assistants are healthcare professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. Services commonly provided by physician assistants include:
- Taking Medical Histories
- Performing Physical Examinations
- Ordering and Interpreting Lab Tests
- Assisting in Surgery
- Counseling Patients
LHU’s 24-month program leads to a Masters of Health Science Degree and a certificate as a Physician Assistant. LHU’s offers four locations for study:
- Lock Haven University Main Campus
- Clearfield Branch Campus
- Dixon University Center Campus in Harrisburg, PA
- Charles Cole Memorial Campus in Coudersport, PA
Our program offers a high-quality and affordable educational experience. In addition to the core PA education received at all campus locations, you will concentrate your studies on the care of underserved populations. The program incorporates the use of a module-based teaching format. Extensive use of small-group learning, service learning strategies, and a variety of clinical experiences result in greater than 94% first time pass rate on the NCCPA board examination.
Students and graduates highly rate the quality of their educational experience and their preparedness for entry-level clinical practice. While emphasizing primary care, program graduates work in a variety of clinical settings including:
- Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Internal Medicine
Core PA Program faculty are available onsite at all campus locations and consist of physicians, physician assistants, pharmacologists, and professors of basic human and social sciences from Lock Haven University. The core physician and PA faculty have over 130 years of cumulative healthcare experience and represent leaders within the PA profession and PA education.
- The Lock Haven University Physician Assistant Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).