International Student Forms

Academic Advisor's Recommendation
This form is provided to facilitate the communication of certain information required by regulation of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Its completion is needed for a student in F-1 visa status to be granted a shortening or extension of time placed by USCIS upon the student’s current program of study.

F-1 CPT Application
Immigration regulations for F-1 visa holders allow off-campus work permission called Curricular Practical Training (CPT).

F-1 OPT Application
Immigration regulations for F-1 visa holders permit students to apply for a work card for off-campus work permission called Optional Practical Training (OPT) for a total of 12 months of full-time work.

Health Insurance Requirement and Pledge
A student, scholar, or dependent(s) must maintain adequate health insurance coverage for him or herself while residing in the United States.

International Student Request Form
Form to request international travel for a current LHU student.

International Student Responsibilities Contract
International Students are required by U.S. law to abide by immigration regulations throughout their stay in the U.S.

Pennsylvania Driver's License and Identificaiton Card
The Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) oversees issuing of driver’s licenses and state identification cards. This form explains eligibility and how to apply.

Reduce Course Load Authorization
You MUST have approval from both your Academic Advisor AND the Institute for International Studies before dropping classes. This form must also be filled out to reduce course load.

Reporting USA and Foreign Address
Students and scholars on F-1 or J-1 visas are required to report their U.S.A. and permanent foreign address to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through your Designated School Official/Responsible Officer (IIS Staff).

Shorten or Extend Program
This form is needed when a student requests to shorten an education program or continue in an educational program beyond the estimated completion date

Social Security Number Information
Information regarding application for a SSN.

Travel Signature Request
Whenever you leave the United States for a temporary trip, the Institute for International Studies takes great care that you have all your travel documents and signatures you need to return to LHU.

Contact Us

Center for Global Engagement

Rosana Campbell
200B Ulmer Hall
(570) 484-2140

Assistant Director
John Gradel
200A Ulmer Hall
(570) 484-2140

Shawn O'Dell
200 Ulmer Hall
(570) 484-2140 

Contact our Admissions Office

8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday
(570) 484-2027

Connect with Admissions Online

Not PrinceFaxMail PhoneSearchFacebook GitHub InstagramKickStarterLinkedInPinterestRedditRSSTumblrTwitterVineWordPressYouTube