What You'll Study
National research shows that some form of undecidedness, tentativeness, or uncertainty about choice of major exists for at least three out of four first year college students. So, if you’re not sure what your major should be, you’re not alone. Your decision to be an Exploratory Studies student will put you on the path to academic and career success. Our academic advisors will help you explore a major through the following activities and coursework:
- First Year Seminar
- Assessment and Career Counseling Through the Career and Professional Development Center
- Academic Majors Fair
- Exploratory Studies “Game Plan”: LHU has developed a game plan for Exploratory Studies students that will help you
arrive at your ideal major. Resources and activities outlined in the game plan include:
- Orientation Meeting for Exploratory Studies First-Year Students.
- Peer Mentorship program through the Office of Excellence and Inclusion
- “Focus”, a career decision making software program available through the Career and Professional Development Center.
- Academic information on the “Campus Resources” page in myHaven.
- Introductory Major Courses
- Freshmen Seminar Courses