An internship for academic credit is a valuable educational experience that combines classroom theory with supervised work experience in which the student establishes intentional career goals. The internship is designed to link the academic experience to personal and professional career goals.
The Center for Career and Professional Development serves as a clearinghouse for internships that are University approved. Approved internships are posted on LHU Staff Apps shared drive for academic departments.
LHU Career Connections is our job and internship database that is accessible to students and alumni served by the Center for Career & Professional Development. You can apply directly to positions that interest you through LHU Career Connections, the Lock Haven University specific Symplicity portal.
The Center for Career & Professional Development assists with the application & interview process for internships. They are able to provide resources to help you research what industry best suits you for your internship.
LHU Student Internship Application
LHU/PASSHE Internship Agreement
Lock Haven University Summer Scholarships
1. The SOAR Scholarship (Summer Opportunity Award for Research) Scholars Stipend offers five awards of $5,000 each annually to support full-time summer research (laboratory or clinical) to students in STEM-HP majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Health Professions). If you have specific questions regarding eligibility or specific requirements, please contact Dr. Scott Carnicom, Dean of the College of Natural, Behavorial & Health Sciences.
2. The Haven Business Internship Program offers four awards of $5,000 each are available to students majoring in business management or accounting to support paid internships. The highly competitive awards are designed to help students gain a valuable “real-world” perspective on what they learn in the classroom. If you have specific questions regarding eligibility or specific requirements, please contact Dr. Stephen Neun, Dean of the Stephen Poorman College of Business, Information Systems & Human Services.
3. The Bechdel Family Internship Stipend Scholarship offers two students who have secured an unpaid or low paid internship in the sciences with $2,000 each per summer. If you have specific questions regarding eligibility or specific requirements, please contact Dr. Scott Carnicom, Dean of the College of Natural, Behavorial & Health Sciences.
Lock Haven University Fellowship Opportunities
1. The Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program offers students an opportunity to research under the supervision of an established biomedical scientist, write a research paper and have the opportunity to see their work published. Each fellowship will be provided a $3000 stipend for the 10-week period plus free housing. If you have specific questions regarding eligibility or specific requirements, please contact Dr. Scott Carnicom, Dean of the College of Natural, Behavorial & Health Sciences.
Procedures for Summer Scholarship/Fellowship Registration
1. Attend one of the three information sessions for scholarships.
2. Application materials can be found on D2L.
3. Completed application materials must be uploaded on D2L by April 20, 2018 to be eligible.
Visit the Center for Career & Professional Development for more information about finding, preparing & submitting application materials.