Lock Haven University will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and understanding at Lock Haven University.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year traditional undergraduate international students who have applied to Lock Haven University can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All undergraduate academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
#YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50% tuition and can be renewed
on an annual basis.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
- Be a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who demonstrate financial resources for the remaining expenses not covered by the scholarship.
- Have already applied and meet admission requirements for academic study at Lock Haven University.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Lock Haven University?
- Apply for admission to Lock Haven University and submit all required materials.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application along with a corresponding essay or video to email@example.com (with the subject line "#youarewelcomehere scholarship application") by December 15. If submitting a large video file, you may use a free online file transfer site, such as WeTransfer.com
- If you are awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit by May 1.
Timeline and Deadlines
- Application Due: December 15
- Notification of awards: February 1
- Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1
For additional questions, contact International Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The scholarship is for Lock Haven University tuition only. It does not cover other expenses such as university fees, parking permits, books or supplies, etc. Students must demonstrate the ability to pay for the remaining expenses by submitted a bank statement from themselves or their sponsor.
- This scholarship has no cash exchange value and is non-transferable.