Please read this information carefully and submit all necessary materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail directly to:
Lock Haven University
Office of Admissions
401 North Fairview Street
Lock Haven, PA 17745 USA
|International Application Deadlines|
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Freshman - May 20||Freshman - October 20|
|Transfer - July 20||Transfer - December 20|
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Carefully complete the online application. This information is used to create a permanent record for each student. A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 (twenty five dollars U.S.) must be paid with a credit card at the time the online application is submitted.
- No action will be taken on your application until this fee is received by the Office of Admissions.
- Students should apply and submit all required documents at least three months prior to the intended enrollment date.
- Send a copy of the information page of your valid passport.
Step 2: Submit Official Academic Transcripts
All students applying for admission to Lock Haven University with transcripts from a non-U.S. institution are required to submit an official educational credential evaluation of transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools.
We recommend the company World Education Services, Inc. (WES) or EducationUSA for this service. To be considered "official," the evaluation must be sent directly to Lock Haven University from the evaluation company.
Step 3: Submit English Proficiency Exams
International applicants must submit at least one official exam score report. To be considered "official," the scores must be sent directly from the sending institution (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
International students currently enrolled in a U.S. institution may not need to submit a language exam if they have successfully completed more than one semester of for-credit academic study.
Applicants from the following countries do not need to submit a English proficiency exam score: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), and U.S. Pacific Trust.
|Exam||Minimum Score Requirement|
|SAT||Combined total score of 980, with at least 500 on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing section|
|ACT||Composite of 20 with individual English and reading scores at or above 20|
Step 4: Complete the Immigration Documentation
The LHU Immigration Document Application for Matriculating Students must be completed and approved for admission to Lock Haven University.
- An official bank statement in the name of the sponsor indicated on the affidavit of financial support must be dated within the last six (6) months and must indicate the exact account balance. Solvency certificates are not acceptable.
- Your acceptance letter and student I-20 will not be issued without the bank statement and a completed Immigration Document Application.
Students may have an official scholarship or government sponsorship award letter sent in their name. A signed letter or affidavit of support giving details regarding the promise of support and state the specific amount of money in U.S. dollars should be sent.
Step 5: Complete the Medical History Form
All students must complete and submit a Medical History Form prior to arriving in the United States. The medical history form can be found online at our health services website.
Step 6: Complete the International Tuition Waiver Scholarship Application
The waiver may only be awarded for a maximum of eight (8) semesters within four and one-half years. Students who receive International Tuition Waivers must fulfill the following requirements:
- Achieve a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Earn 12 credits each semester
- Complete community service hours each academic year(The amount of the fee waiver determines the number of service hours required.)
Checklist of necessary application items:
- Application for admission
- Application fee ($25)
- Copy of passport
- An official educational credential evaluation of transcript(s)
- English proficiency exam report
- LHU Immigration Document Application for Matriculating Students
- Tuition Waiver Scholarship Application
- Medical History Form