Please read this information carefully and submit all necessary materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail directly to:
Lock Haven University
Office of Admissions
401 North Fairview Street
Lock Haven, PA 17745 USA
|International Application Deadlines|
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Freshman - May 20||Freshman - October 20|
|Transfer - July 20||Transfer - December 20|
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Carefully complete the online application. This information is used to create a permanent record for each student. A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 (twenty five dollars U.S.) must be paid with a credit card at the time the online application is submitted.
- No action will be taken on your application until this fee is received by the Office of Admissions.
- Students should apply and submit all required documents at least three months prior to the intended enrollment date.
- Send a copy of the information page of your valid passport.
Step 2: Submit Official Academic Transcripts
All students applying for admission to Lock Haven University with transcripts from a non-U.S. institution are required to submit an official educational credential evaluation of transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools.
We recommend either of the following companies:
World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
- Submission of high school diploma, choose: Document-by-Document evaluation
- Submission of a transcript from an institution of higher education from abroad, choose: Course-by-Course evaluation
- Submission of high school diploma, choose: Advisory General Report
- Submission of a transcript from an institution of higher education from abroad, choose: Advisory Detail Report with Course Level Identification
- Submission of high school diploma, choose: General
- Submission of a transcript from an institution of higher education from abroad, choose: Course-by-Course
To be considered "official," the evaluation must be sent directly to Lock Haven University from the company that completed the evaluation.
Step 3: Submit English Proficiency Exams
International applicants must submit at least one official exam score report. To be considered "official," the scores must be sent directly from the sending institution (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
International students currently enrolled in a U.S. institution may not need to submit a language exam if they have successfully completed more than one semester of for-credit academic study.
Applicants from the following countries do not need to submit a English proficiency exam score: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), and U.S. Pacific Trust.
|Exam||Minimum Score Requirement|
|Pearson: PTE Academic||46|
|Cambridge English (CPE)||First B2, Advanced C1, Proficiency C3 - Cambridge English score of 160 or higher|
|SAT||Combined total score of 980, with at least 500 on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing section|
|ACT||Composite of 20 with individual English and reading scores at or above 20|
Step 4: Copy of Passport
International applicants must submit a copy of their biographic page on their passport. If a student is already in the United States on a visa, a copy of the current visa should be submitted. Please send a copy to email@example.com.
Checklist of necessary application items:
- Application for admission
- Application fee ($25)
- An official educational credential evaluation of transcript(s)
- English proficiency exam report
- Copy of passport